Saturday, October 19, 2013

2 months later....

Whoops....last blog post was 8/30 and it's 10/19. I was told this would happen. Re-reading my only 3 posts since I've been here and it's pretty funny remembering how I felt back then even though it's only been about 2 months. Especially about the part where I thought my bus ride to Pedernales was only going to be 5 hours, ha. Oh yea, it was 10.

Speaking of my trip to Pedernales, it was amazing. I love Erin and Tyler so much, theyre the best. I watched Erin give a charla to her chicas group when I arrived and the next day we went to the Haitian Market and shopped around. We made dinner and went to the beach, etc. After that I went to another volunteer's house and stayed there for a bit and went to a big party at a house PCVs rent out, known as the San Rafael house. Met up with about 15 other volunteers, went down the the beach, came back, made burritos, drank a lot, danced all night, didn't sleep, and watched the sunrise on a cliff overlooking the ocean. Not bad, not bad at all.

Next came CBT, I'll be posting some blogs I wrote on my laptop now that I couldn't post due to lack of internet. But it was awesome, became very close to a lot of people in my group and I couldn't be more thankful for the relationships that formed during those 5 weeks. And learned a ton. I'd like to think/convince myself I learned more Spanish....but really....

Right now, it's currently my first day back in Pantoja. Left Monte Plata at 8:30 in the morning, got back here around 11, went shopping around 2:30 with Aimie and Lauren and got back around 7:45. It was quite the adventure and I am exhausted. Timeline for the next week and a half: leave Tuesday the 22nd for La Ceiba for a site visit to meet my permanent community (eeeek!), come back to the capital on the 27th, give a 15 minute presentation and attempt to pass the language evaluation, hopefully get sworn in, attend the swear-in/halloween party, recover for a day, and then permanently move to La Ceiba on November 1st or 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment